7 Nutritious and Delicious Vegetable Smoothie Recipes
Is it just me, or is it kind of tough to get your daily dose of veggies? I’m not a real big breakfast guy, and dinner is kind of small. The only meal when I really eat vegetables is lunch time, and that’s not enough for a healthy diet.
Here’s what I do to get more veggies in my day: I make myself vegetable smoothies!A veggie smoothie is a curious creature. It can be sweet, but it looks like a cup of liquid grass. It’s definitely not the most appealing smoothie, but I love just how healthy and tasty vegetable smoothies are!
If you struggle with veggie intake like me, vegetable smoothies are the perfect solution for you. It’s just like drinking a cup of juice, so you can do it a few times throughout the day without feeling like you’re forcing yourself to eat something you don’t like.Here are some of my favorite veggie smoothie recipes for you to enjoy:
This delicious smoothie is surprisingly rich in flavor. With a combination of apple and pear juice as the base, lemon to add some tang, banana to thicken the drink, and a wide assortment of green veggies, it’s a rich, flavorful smoothie that’s going to give you A LOT of nutritional value!
- ½ head of Romaine lettuce
- ½ bunch of spinach
- 3 stalks of celery
- ¼ bunch of chard
- 1 apple
- 1 pear
- 1 banana
- ½ lemon
- To begin, chop the Romaine lettuce into strips so it blends easily. Throw the lettuce in the blender, and use your hands to crack the celery stalks into smaller pieces. Add in the spinach and chard, along with water and ice.
- Cut the apple in half, slice out the core, and peel the fruit before dropping it into the blender. Repeat the same process with the pear, peel the banana and add it into the blender, and add the lemon juice.
- Blend and enjoy!
Want a nutrient punch? With this amazing smoothie, you get plenty of protein from the chia seeds, electrolytes from the coconut water, and minerals from the other ingredients. It all but guarantees good health!
- Chop the kale/chard and lettuce into strips, and toss them into the blender. Add the coconut water, along with the berries and a tablespoon each of chia and hemp seeds.
- Peel the banana and drop it into the blender, along with ½ cup of water and ice. Blend until the drink is nice and smooth, and drink up.
Taste the Autumn Smoothie
With this interesting combination of spices and vegetables, you get a taste that reminds you of Thanksgiving and Fall. It’s absolutely delicious, and surprisingly good for your health! The cinnamon and cayenne pepper will help to improve your circulation, while the carrots are great for your eyes.
- ½ cup of apple juice
- 4 carrots
- 1 apple
- Cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup of coconut milk
- To begin, peel and chop the carrots. Place them on the stove in a pot of water (or a steamer), and cook them until they are medium soft.
- Chop and core the apple, and place it on the stove to cook as well. Once it has cooked, add cinnamon and blend into applesauce.
- Throw the cooked carrots into the applesauce, along with the apple juice and coconut milk. Add a ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon and cayenne pepper each, and drop in some ice. Blend until the drink is both smooth and cold.
The flavor of this smoothie is very deep and earthy, all thanks to the spinach, mint, and parsley–veggies that are loaded with chlorophyll. The lemon gives it just a bit of tang, and adding honey into the smoothie will make it kind of like a green lemonade. With cucumber and lettuce, it becomes a light, refreshing drink you can’t help but love!
- 1 bunch of spinach
- 1 cucumber
- 1 handful of parsley
- 1 small bunch of mint
- 1 lemon
- 2 stalks of celery
- ¼ head of lettuce
- To begin, dice the lettuce into thin shreds, and drop them into the blender with the water. Peel the cucumber, slice it, and throw the slices into the blender cup as well.
- Drop in the spinach, parsley, mint, and celery, along with a tablespoon of honey and plenty of ice. Add water as needed, and squeeze the lemon juice into the blender before mixing.
Bright Red Smoothie
This is one of my favorite vegetable smoothie recipes of all, thanks to its amazingly bright color. The mixture of red cabbage and cherries gives it an amazing flavor, plus all the wonderful flavonoids that color the veggies and fruits. With just a bit of honey and some spicy cinnamon, this is one of the vegetable smoothie recipes you HAVE to try at least once!
- 1 cup of cherries
- ¼ head of red cabbage
- 2 oranges
- To begin, cut the cherries in half and pluck out the seeds. Drop the flesh into the blender, along with the diced red cabbage, half a tablespoon of honey, ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon, and ice. Squeeze the orange juice into the blender, and enjoy.
Green Bloody Mary
Words fail me to describe this odd, wonderful smoothie!
- ¼ cup of fresh salsa
- 4 cup of tomato juice
- Tabasco sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup of broccoli
- ½ cup of orange juice
- Add the salsa, tomato juice, orange juice, and broccoli into the blender, and season with a few dashes of both Worcestershire and Tabasco sauce to make a rich, spicy smoothie.
Purple Power Smoothie
This vegetable smoothie is loaded with antioxidants, thanks to the dark purple beets and blueberries. With a bit of yoghurt for added protein and orange juice for extra Vitamin C, it’s as nutritious as it is delicious!
- 1 cup of blueberries
- ½ cup of orange juice
- 1/3 cup of diced cooked beets
- ¼ cup of yoghurt
- Chia seeds
- Add the blueberries into the blender with the beets and orange juice, and puree the fruits. Add the yoghurt into the masticated juice, and finish your smoothie with ice and chia seeds.