The Best Juicing Recipes for Weight Loss – Tasty and Effective!
Juicing is the fastest and tastiest way to get all those healthy vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and enzymes that our modern diets are lacking. If you are looking to lose weight then try our juicing recipes for weight loss.
They are highly nutritious, taste great and will help you shed the pounds in no time at all. In fact, many people have lost as much as 20 pounds in just two weeks of juicing!
One of the main benefits of juicing is that liquid puts very little stress on your digestive system. This means you have more energy, feel great and have a super healthy diet at the same time.
Juicing also allows you to consume much more fruit and vegetables (but be careful of putting too much fruit in your diet) than you would typically do in a regular diet. It also helps to suppress hunger pangs, which mean you can avoid succumbing to unhealthy foods that go straight to your waistline.
Can Juicing help you lose weight?
In short, yes it can! There are many well documented examples, and even documentary movies, demonstrating the power of juicing to help weight loss.
Even if you are not quite ready to go extreme and commit to a full juice fast, juicing can help you lose weight and vastly improve your diet.
Here are some of the ways in which Juicing helps you lose weight:
- Prevents hunger - Juicing gives your body all the nutrients it needs, and then some! When your body is lacking nutrients, it makes you hungry. In this way, you will eat less and have fewer junk food cravings.
- Convenience - Modern busy lifestyles cause us to make many poor diet decisions because of the convenience of fast food. Juicing takes just a few minutes and gives you fresh, delicious, healthy juice that satisfies you. This means you eat less junk food.
- All Natural - Since juicing uses all natural produce, you can limit your exposure to processed foods. The chemicals and additives in such foods actively contribute to weight gain. Going natural, especially if you use organic produce, can avoid exposing you to such risks. Additionally, juicing is free from all preservatives since you control exactly what goes into each drink.1
- Flavour - Most of us could do with eating more healthy vegetables. Juicing helps us get the goodness of these in a much more flavourful way than eating raw vegetables. It can also help meet you 5-a-day requirement if you aren't doing so already.
- More energy - The goodness of juicing makes you feel and great and gives you more energy. You'll be much more likely to go outside and do something active when you make juicing a part of your lifestyle.
- Detox - Green juice full of chlorophyll is particularly detoxifying and can really help your liver and kidneys to flush out your system. Celebrities regularly go to such retreats to shed the pounds after an unhealthy spell. But you don't need to spend thousands of dollars to reap the benefits of juicing. Now, everyone can do it from the comfort of their own home.
#2: Casual Juicing
This approach doesn’t force you to give up on all solid foods and basically allows you to juice whenever you feel like it.
By replacing some of the foods you used to eat with juicing, you can fill your body with lots of essential nutrients. You’ll have much more energy and feel a lot less hungry throughout the day.
So long as you eat a reasonable diet at the same time, you can lose a lot of weight with this method.
Fruit vs vegetables
Generally speaking, vegetables are much better for you than fruit. Not to say that fruit is bad, but it does contain natural fructose which is a form of sugar (through a million times healthier than the high fructose corn syrup you'll find in many soda drinks these days).
Nevertheless, fruit heavy juicing should be done in the morning or before exercise. This will help stop your body converting and storing this sugar as fat. Don't worry if you don't like the taste of vegetables though, it's perfectly fine to add an apple or some lemon to into your juicer to completely hide the flavour.
The best types of vegetable to use are cruciferous vegetables. These include arugula, bok choy, broccoli, cabbage and kale. Make sure to drink more vegetable juices later in the day. Of course, you are free to add them to any juice. In fact, that is strongly encouraged.
The people who lose the most weight from juicing tend to have about 70-80% of their juicing ingredient be vegetables. These days, with modern juicers, that is easily achievable as some creative fruity ingredients can mask the taste of any vegetable.
How to juice?
There are two types of juicers. The first are centrifugal juices that have an upright design and juice by shredding fruit and veggies into a pulp while they spin rapidly to extract the resulting liquid. These are the most common and good ones like this are relatively inexpensive for all the health benefits they provide.
The second are masticating juicers which usually have a horizontal design that crushes and squeezes the juice out of vegetables and fruit. This produces both a higher quality and quantity of juice than most centrifugal juicers. The design is also much more effective when juicing highly nutritious greens like spinach, kale and wheatgrass.
If you take your juicing seriously it’s really worth investing in a powerful masticating juicer. In the long run you’ll get much more out of it and they are also much easier to clean.
Once you’ve got a juicer you’re happy with, check out the top recipes below from our "Juicing recipes for weight loss" book to help you make some fantastically healthy juices to help burn those pounds away.
The Juicing Lifestyle
The benefits of juicing for weight loss are clear. You'll feel less hungry, more energized, more alert and better than ever before. Plus, you'll quickly begin to shed those pounds. What could be better than losing weight while drinking delicious fresh juice.
If you have tried fad diets that didn't work, then juicing could be for you. Remember though, you are much more likely to succeed in losing weight if you have a proper juicing plan. This means having enough recipes for the week ahead.
This will also allow you do build a big shopping list so you never have the excuse of being out of a certain fruit or vegetable.