It’s amazing how many diets are created each year. Since the Banting Diet was created in 1863, there have been hundreds more made popular by mainstream media. It’s hard to search for information on weight loss, fitness, and health online without having the latest diet fad shoved down your throat.
But what if we all simply went back to the basics – started “Clean Eating” once again?
What is Clean Eating?
The name of the diet pretty much explains what it is:
“Clean eating means only foods that are healthy, natural, and clean.”
What foods are on the “clean eating” list?
- Whole grains that are unrefined
- Lots of organic, locally-grown (if possible) fresh fruits and vegetables
- Grass-fed beef and dairy, as well as free-range chicken
- Meals centered around vegetables rather than centered around meat
- Lots of water – no sodas, “diet” drinks, energy drinks, etc.
- Healthy fats – unsaturated, monounsaturated, and polyunsaturated fats from coconuts, avocadoes, olive oil, etc.
- Low-fat, low-oil cooking – using methods like steaming, grilling, baking, broiling, and light sautéing
With this diet, the focus is on eating things that are as clean and healthy as you can find!
Clean eating is something that everyone should try, but it hasn’t become quite as popular as some of the other diets used today. The people who practice the Clean Eating Diet tend to be men – most of whom go to the gym regularly and do bodybuilding. Martial artists also place a lot of focus on clean eating, and many practitioners of Yoga lead an organic or even vegetarian lifestyle.
Who Loves Clean Eating?
Pretty much anyone that wants to have a healthy life should try clean eating. You’ll be amazed by how great you’ll feel once you get rid of high-fat, high-sodium, artificial, processed, refined, and high-sugar foods.
Benefits of Clean Eating
When you try clean eating, your body will begin to work a whole lot better. All of the chemicals, artificial ingredients, and refined foods you eat tend to gum up your internal works, as your body cannot digest or process them like regular food. This means that all of these chemicals are stored in your body, where they sit – getting in the way of healthy digestion, hormone production, metabolism, etc.
When you eat clean, you get rid of these toxins and chemicals from your system. Your body will finally be able to flush them out now that you’re no longer putting them into your body. There will be nothing stopping your internal systems from working properly, so you’ll benefit immensely:
- Increased energy production
- Lowered blood pressure and cholesterol
- Improved digestion and elimination of wastes
- Faster metabolism
- Better circulation and blood flow through your entire body
- Increased sexual drive and stamina
- Healthier muscle function and bone density
The truth is that clean eating is one of the best ways to improve your health in almost every way!
Programs like the Isagenix Cleansing Program are designed to help you eat only clean, healthy foods – rebooting your appetite and helping you to eat only the foods that improve your health! As you can see from the list of benefits above, it’s worth it!
Clean Eating on a Budget
There’s no two ways about it: clean eating can be costly. Natural, unprocessed, and raw foods tend to be more expensive than processed foods, so you’ll end up spending more per day on healthy food – $1.50 according to Harvard School of Public Health.
How can you eat clean without going overbudget?
- Shop at farmer’s markets rather than the supermarket.
- Try to buy the foods that are in season.
- Buy dried goods and meat in bulk.
- Make meals with lots of fresh vegetables and smaller portions of meat and starch.
- Use spices instead of sauces and condiments.
- Brown-bag it to work instead of eating out.
- When buying organic, only buy the foods on the Dirty Dozen list.
- Drink more water – you’ll eat less that way.
Clean eating is more than just a diet – it’s a way of life! If you make it a point to “eat clean”, you’ll find that your life is greatly improved in many ways. Give it a try, and find out just how wonderful a clean life can be!