Cellulite Massagers – What Are They and Which Ones Are the Best?
Cellulite is the reason you might be finding unwanted dimples and bulges all over your thighs and butt. Nobody wants it to be true, but it happens to the best of us.
If you didn’t know already, cellulite is caused by fat cells building up underneath the connective tissues of your skin. The fat cells push the skin out while the skin tissues are pulling. This results in an uneven skin surface which appears as dimples.
Cellulite Affects Everyone
You are not alone when it comes to suffering with cellulite. According to the father of skincare Howard Murad - 90% of women struggle with cellulite. Luckily for men, only 10% are affected in comparison. Howard is the author of The Cellulite Solution: A Doctor's Program for Losing Lumps, Bumps, Dimples, and Stretch Marks
Cellulite Solution Myth-Busting
- Body wraps are a quick fix solution for a night out with the girls but they will not remove cellulite for good.
- Liposuction often does not remove cellulite either and can even make the situation worse at times.
- Anti-cellulite creams help but they are really just drying out the skin (which tightens and firms it) for a temporary fix, but not ultimately removing cellulite.
What Does Remove Cellulite?
Exercise is a major cellulite fighter. Staying fit can help you lose fat and strengthen the muscles in problem areas, both of which help reduce cellulite.
Eating a healthy diet is also important for removing cellulite. If you increase your protein intake after your exercise, you’ll be helping increase your muscle mass more efficiently since muscles need protein to rebuild. A really great super protein is bone broth. Bone broth soup is easy to make at home using a slow cooker.
Losing weight and having a healthy diet will help cellulite but might you still might need an extra boost in super troublesome spots like the inner knee and upper thigh. I’ve recently heard that these hard-to-get areas can be targeted by using cellulite massages.
Cellulite massages can compress fat cells and help reduce cellulite. The best plan of attack is to make sure you target areas problem areas. Getting a cellulite massage will help increase blood circulation, which results in reduced toxins and removal of excess fluid in the affected areas. You can get a cellulite massage in a massage clinic or you purchase an anti-cellulite massager to use at home.
Removing Cellulite at Home
If you are like me with two children at home you aren’t able to sneak out to massage clinics very often. That’s why doing your own cellulite massaging at home is a great option.
This leaves you with two choices for getting a cellulite massage. You can either use your hands, or a cellulite machine. Both techniques can massage the skin and decompress the fat cells similar to what a masseuse will achieve.
Anti- Cellulite Massage Process
If you are going to do your own massage with your hands at home, try these steps below:
- Apply lotion or oil to the affected area. This will help reduce any friction.
- Start massaging at the lowest point to enhance flow of blood in your circulatory system while massaging up towards your heart.
- Apply pressure to the skin and alternate between the following moves:
- Pinching Massage: Pinch two small areas of the skin with either hand and pull in opposite directions.
- Knuckle Massage: Use your fist to apply pressure and move in a circular motion with your knuckles.
- Kneading Massage: Use a squeeze and lift type motion as if you were kneading dough.
- Sweeping Massage: Swiftly slide your hands using long sweeping strokes across the affected area.
- Finish the massage with heavy relaxing broad strokes towards your heart.
If you are a visual person, here is a short video which goes through other various cellulite removal massage techniques you can use while massaging at home.
What is an anti-cellulite machine? Cellulite machines are electronic contraptions that come with a variety of heads, enabling you to reduce the physical effort it takes to give yourself a massage.
Because they have a variety of settings and head attachments, you can try a variety of massages. There are a number of benefits for using an anti-cellulite machine compared to doing it yourself. These include:
- Giving a deeper massage than you can handle on your own. The different power settings give you an option of how deep the massage can go. These extra powerful vibrations can result a more effective massage.
- The intense vibrations will attract large amounts of blood into the area resulting in better blood flow in the circulatory system.
- Hard to reach tissues will feel like they are getting a workout
Anti-Cellulite Machine Options
Choosing the anti-cellulite machine that will work best for your needs can be an onerous task so I’ve gone ahead and identified the 5 best anti-cellulite machines on the market today.
This percussion massager uses high frequency vibration principles to ensure the blood is flowing and giving an effective massage. In my opinion, it’s the perfect cellulite reduction tool with it’s combination of powerful vibrations and 11 different applicator heads.
This one might be my favorite so far. For the head attachments, many users recommend the pebble massager. It is really smooth so you can dig in without actually hurting yourself. That means it’s the ideal head for massaging the thigh and arm, giving you a real genuine deep tissue massage.
- Works well with lightweight clothing
- 11 Applicator heads
- Easy to use and effective
- Powerful even at its lowest setting
- Has red LED lights that do nothing
- Cord could be longer
- About double the price of last two options
This cellulite massager offers “professional grade, therapeutic tension release.” It’s percussion sensation does all the work and allows you to perform a great massage on your own. It contains a powerful motor and rapid movements (5000 pulses per minute!) which helps give you a powerful, at-home massage.
It also contains 3 massage heads and an adjustable speed setting for a unique experience. It claims to be high-performing and effective, plus they toss in a money-back guarantee and a warranty. Can’t beat that.
- Quality craftsmanship
- Quiet motor
- Plugs in (no need for batteries)
- Comes with 3 attachments
- Larger than expected
- Relatively heavy
- Feels better through clothes than bare skin
This is a portable and easy to operate anti-cellulite massager that gives a nice spa-like massage. With an easy-to-change double applicator, it gives you plenty of options to choose from.
This cellulite massager helps increase the skin's elasticity by intensively stimulating the treated area, and firming your body by decomposing excess body fat. It also stimulates your peripheral blood vessels, which improves your blood circulation and metabolism by accelerating waste discharge.
This model in particular comes with two heads, a bead and a wheel. The wheel is more suitable to thighs, arms and back area. The bead head has three little balls that are really good for the face and neck area.
- Delicate and easy to use
- Gives a spa-like massage
- Reasonably priced
- Only 2 applicators
- Cord is short
This stylish, lightweight anti-cellulite massager is perfect for massaging any area of the body. It works effectively all the cellulite problem areas including your abdomen, buttocks, muscles, legs, arms, back and thighs.
This product has a great selection of interchangeable applicator heads giving you multiple massage options. It is a very user friendly design that makes the product easy for all ages to use.
This massager is also a really economical buy giving you great value for your money and making it easy to do home massages.
- User friendly design
- Adjustable speeds
- 6 different applicators.
- Reasonably pricedoint 1
- Not very powerful
The G5 GBM is used by professional athletes and their trainers as it is a super powered massager. It maintains a pre-set speed regardless of load making it perfect to use on well-sized athletes who need deep tissue massage.
Since it’s a high speed massager, it makes it perfect for cellulite reduction. You don't need to use the most powerful settings though, just choose what is most comfortable for you.
The 5 applicators enable you to massage large and small muscle groups giving you lots of options on how to approach the massage.
- Small and easy to carry around
- High powered machine
- 5 different applicators
- More suitable for athletes
- Not very delicate
- Extremely expensive
The Best Cellulite Massager
My favorite cellulite massager has to be the Styles II Infrared Percussion 11-in-1 Body Massager as it is a superior product compared to the other options. The Styles II Percussion 11 in 1 Body Massager is the perfect anti cellulite massager as it uses high frequency vibration principles with a wide variety of massage applicators giving you a wide range of options to meet any requirement.