The 5 Best Healthy Juice Recipes (And Why You Should Drink Them)
If you’re anything like me, veggies are a bit hard for you to eat. You know they’re healthy, but you have a hard time choking them down when you want to cut into that steak or chicken breast. Veggies are like the distraction that keep you from the main course, right?
Wrong! Veggies are the HEALTHIEST foods on the planet, and you should be looking for ways to eat MORE veggies. Thankfully, juicing for health is one of the best ways to add veggies to your life. You’ll find that adding more fruits and veggies to your health juicing recipes will do wonders for your health, and it will be easy to drink down a glass or three of juice every day.
There are lots of awesome healthy juice recipes to try, and you’ll find that they will improve your health in many ways. Thanks to the fiber, antioxidants, minerals, vitamins, and enzymes that you can get from fruits and veggies, you’ll improve your health dramatically with just a few glasses of juice a day!
Let us share the best juicing recipes you can find in this post!
Can Juicing Improve Your Health?
Of course it does! Juicing gives you more:
- Water - Water plays a huge role in your overall health. If you don’t get enough water, you’ll end up dehydrated. Your body begins to slow down when you’re even A LITTLE dehydrated, so adding more liquid to your diet is a good way to keep your body running at top speeds.
- Fiber - The dietary fiber in raw foods is important for your digestive health. Juicing may remove the majority of the fiber, but what’s left in the juice will improve the health of your heart, your cardiovascular system, your liver, and your digestive tract.
- Minerals - Veggies are loaded with healthy minerals, all of which are supremely important. Potassium is needed for muscle function, calcium is needed for bone health, zinc is needed for a fast metabolism, and iron is needed for healthy circulation. All of these minerals can be found in veggies!
- Vitamins - Fruits and some vegetables will give you the vitamins you need to be healthy. Vitamin A is needed for eye health, Vitamin C is needed for your immune system, Vitamin E protects your body from oxidative stress, and the B vitamins play a huge role in your metabolism and energy production.
- Enzymes - Did you know that some veggies contain enzymes that will actually make digestion easier? These enzymes help to break down the food you eat, and promote healthy absorption of nutrients.
Thanks to all of these things that you get from a few cups of juice every day, you’ll improve your overall health drastically!
Here are some of the ways in which Juicing boosts your health
Aside from the nutrients that you get from the fruits and veggies, there are many more reasons that juicing is good for your health:
- It detoxifies your body - Thanks to the high fiber and liquid content of your natural juices, your body is flushed of toxins and free radicals. By getting rid of these harmful substances, you avoid A LOT of serious health problems–including heart disease and cancer.
- It promotes weight loss - Losing weight is the healthy way to avoid cardiovascular disorders, diabetes, and many other obesity-related health problems. Those juicing for health will usually find that it’s much easier to shed pounds, as the juices prevent hunger pangs without adding too many calories to your diet.
- It is convenient - Instead of having to suffer through bite after bite of the veggies you don’t like, you can just take a few gulps of a green juice and get all the nutrients you need. Plus, it’s very time-efficient!
- It is delicious - Who doesn’t love a cold cup of juice on a hot day? If you are looking for a tasty way to get more fruits and veggies in your diet, there are few more delicious options than making yourself cups of natural juice.
- It is energizing - Not only do these juices provide you with calories to burn as energy, but the detoxifying of your body will help to replenish your energy levels. You feel better about yourself after drinking these natural juices!
The truth is that juicing is one of the best things that you can do for your overall health!
How-to’s of Juicing for Health
What kind of juicer do you want to be?
Both types of juicing will help you to improve your overall health, but it’s easier and cheaper to juice casually.
Fruit vs Vegetables
Now we get down to the nitty-gritty of juicing…
If you want to get the best results from your juicing, it’s important that you use more veggies than you do fruits. Why is this?
Fruit is WONDERFUL for your health, and you’ll find that most fruits give you a wide assortment of nutrients, such as:
- Apples are loaded with natural fiber, as well as nutrients that help control your blood sugar levels and boost digestive health.
- Cherries are effective immune boosters, and they can help to fight infections and inflammation.
- Grapefruits boost your metabolism, provide lots of Vitamin C, and are loaded with pectin.
- Grapes are rich in antioxidants, and contain lots of Vitamins A, B6, C, and folic acid.
- Blackberries contain tons of phytonutrients and Vitamin K, can reduce your risk of prostate cancer, and feed your body testosterone-producing nutrients.
- Lemons are one of the best sources of Vitamin C, and can help to detoxify your body.
- Pomegranates are one of the best natural sources of antioxidants, which help to reduce damage to your vascular system.
- Papayas are nature’s healing fruit, and they contain an enzyme that can help to reduce swelling.
The truth is that fruits are rich in vitamins and antioxidants, so it’s a good idea to include fruits in your juices.
Best of all, fruits are naturally sweet. They contain fructose, a natural form of sugar that is healthy to eat. Fruits should be the sweet base of your juices, giving them the delicious flavor that you enjoy.
However, fruits should only play a SMALL part in your juices. The same sugar that gives them their sweet flavor can lead to high glucose levels, weight gain, and other health issues. If you are juicing for health, it’s important to use more veggies than fruit.
Vegetables are very low calorie, meaning they won’t add to your waistline as they improve your overall health. You’ll find that veggies are the best sources of certain minerals, and there are a lot of benefits to adding vegetables to your diet.
- Broccoli is rich in antioxidants, Vitamins A and C, and folic acid. It’s also an immunity-boosting food!
- Tomatoes are loaded with the prostate-cancer fighting antioxidant lycopene, not to mention lots of Vitamins A, C, and K.
- Brussels sprouts may be a bit smelly, but they’re one of the best sources of the folic acid that pregnant women need.
- Squash is rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and other nutrients, which makes the veggie capable of fighting off arthritis and asthma, among other problems.
- Carrots are one of the best sources of Vitamin A, which helps to improve eye and organ health.
- Spinach is rich in the cardiovascular health-boosting mineral iron, along with folic acid and many other important phytonutrients.
- Sweet potato contains manganese and iron, along with Vitamins A and C. It’s an effective cancer-fighting food!
- Bell peppers aren’t just colorful, but the bright red, yellow, and orange coloring comes from antioxidants that improve your overall health.
You can see that vegetables are not only lower in calories than fruit, but they’re also richer in nutrients that will improve your health. The majority of your juices should be rich in veggies, with fruit as the base of the flavor!
How Should I Juice for Health?
Juicing isn’t done in a blender or a food processor, but there are special juicing machines made for you to use. There are two types of juicers:
Masticating juicers are more expensive, but they’re worth the price if you’re juicing for health. You’ll get more of the minerals, vitamins, enzymes, and antioxidants that your body needs to stay healthy
Health Ambition Recommended Juicers
Check out these three juicers that we’ve reviewed and found to be THE BEST for your juicing for health:
Omega VRT350 — This is one of the best compact juicers on the market, and a nicely affordable one at that. With the Omega VRT350, you get a high-powered, low-speed masticating juicer that can grind anything into a fine juice. It’s a durable machine that will run well, but without taking up too much counter space. Best of all, it’s easy to clean!
Omega J8006 — This is a powerhouse appliance that gets your juice made surprisingly quickly for a masticating juicer. It’s one of the best juicers we have reviewed on Health Ambition, and you’ll find that it has earned its 5-star rating thanks to its minimal waste, user-friendly operation, and durable design. It may be a bit noisy and pricey, but it’s worth it.
Breville BJS600XL — This machine is Breville’s answer to the Omega VRT350, and it’s sold at a slightly marked down price. For fans of Breville appliances, it’s a machine worth its salt, and it will run very well. It can handle soft foods with ease, though it’s best to mix soft foods in with harder foods like beets and carrots. It’s easy to use and clean, and looks great on your kitchen counter.
Healthy Juice Recipes
So now you’ve got your juicer, and it’s time to get cracking making your own delicious juices. Here are a few that we’ve found to be EXCELLENT for your overall health!