Juicing is the fastest and tastiest way to get all those healthy vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and enzymes that our modern diets are lacking. If you are looking to lose weight then try our juicing recipes for weight loss.
They are highly nutritious, taste great and will help you shed the pounds in no time at all. In fact, many people have lost as much as 20 pounds in just two weeks of juicing!
One of the main benefits of juicing is that liquid puts very little stress on your digestive system. This means you have more energy, feel great and have a super healthy diet at the same time.
Juicing also allows you to consume much more fruit and vegetables (but be careful of putting too much fruit in your diet) than you would typically do in a regular diet. It also helps to suppress hunger pangs, which mean you can avoid succumbing to unhealthy foods that go straight to your waistline.
Can Juicing help you lose weight?
In short, yes it can! There are many well documented examples, and even documentary movies, demonstrating the power of juicing to help weight loss.
Even if you are not quite ready to go extreme and commit to a full juice fast, juicing can help you lose weight and vastly improve your diet.
Here are some of the ways in which Juicing helps you lose weight:
- Prevents hunger – Juicing gives your body all the nutrients it needs, and then some! When your body is lacking nutrients, it makes you hungry. In this way, you will eat less and have fewer junk food cravings.
- Convenience – Modern busy lifestyles cause us to make many poor diet decisions because of the convenience of fast food. Juicing takes just a few minutes and gives you fresh, delicious, healthy juice that satisfies you. This means you eat less junk food.
- All Natural – Since juicing uses all natural produce, you can limit your exposure to processed foods. The chemicals and additives in such foods actively contribute to weight gain. Going natural, especially if you use organic produce, can avoid exposing you to such risks. Additionally, juicing is free from all preservatives since you control exactly what goes into each drink.
- Flavour - Most of us could do with eating more healthy vegetables. Juicing helps us get the goodness of these in a much more flavourful way than eating raw vegetables. It can also help meet you 5-a-day requirement if you aren’t doing so already.
- More energy – The goodness of juicing makes you feel and great and gives you more energy. You’ll be much more likely to go outside and do something active when you make juicing a part of your lifestyle.
- Detox – Green juice full of chlorophyll is particularly detoxifying and can really help your liver and kidneys to flush out your system. Celebrities regularly go to such retreats to shed the pounds after an unhealthy spell. But you don’t need to spend thousands of dollars to reap the benefits of juicing. Now, everyone can do it from the comfort of their own home.
There are two basic approach to losing weight by jucing:
Option 1: Juice fast
This is the most extreme option and does require willpower as you are changing everything your body has previously relied on to fuel it.
It involves restricting your diet entirely to juicing.
Different juicing fasts take different approaches and you should prepare properly before embarking on these.
Option 2: Occasional juicing
This approach doesn’t force you to give up on all solid foods and basically allows you to juice whenever you feel like it.
By replacing some of the foods you used to eat with juicing, you can fill your body with lots of essential nutrients. You’ll have much more energy and feel a lot less hungry throughout the day.
So long as you eat a reasonable diet at the same time, you can lose a lot of weight with this method.
Fruit vs vegetables
Generally speaking, vegetables are much better for you than fruit. Not to say that fruit is bad, but it does contain natural fructose which is a form of sugar (through a million times healthier than the high fructose corn syrup you’ll find in many soda drinks these days).
Nevertheless, fruit heavy juicing should be done in the morning or before exercise. This will help stop your body converting and storing this sugar as fat. Don’t worry if you don’t like the taste of vegetables though, it’s perfectly fine to add an apple or some lemon to into your juicer to completely hide the flavour.
The best types of vegetable to use are cruciferous vegetables. These include arugula, bok choy, broccoli, cabbage and kale. Make sure to drink more vegetable juices later in the day.
Of course, you are free to add them to any juice. In fact, that is strongly encouraged. The people who lose the most weight from juicing tend to have about 70-80% of their juicing ingredient be vegetables. These days, with modern juicers, that is easily achievable as some creative fruity ingredients can mask the taste of any vegetable.
How to juice?
There are two types of juicers. The first are centrifugal juices that have an upright design and juice by shredding fruit and veggies into a pulp while they spin rapidly to extract the resulting liquid. These are the most common and good ones like this are relatively inexpensive for all the health benefits they provide.
The second are masticating juicers which usually have a horizontal design that crushes and squeezes the juice out of vegetables and fruit. This produces both a higher quality and quantity of juice than most centrifugal juicers. The design is also much more effective when juicing highly nutritious greens like spinach, kale and wheatgrass.
If you take your juicing seriously it’s really worth investing in a powerful masticating juicer. In the long run you’ll get much more out of it and they are also much easier to clean.
Health Ambition Recommended Juicers
Once you’ve got a juicer you’re happy with, check out the top recipes below from our “Juicing recipes for weight loss” book to help you make some fantastically healthy juices to help burn those pounds away.
The Toxin Killer
When to drink: any time in the day
Best situations: As a daily juice
Tastes: Good (apple is dominant)
The Toxin Killer is a juice bursting with antioxidants to combat free radicals and cleanse your system of toxins.
It’s a bit of an unusual green but it still tastes really nice nonetheless and it’s excellent for your body!
This is such a healthy juice that you can drink it daily. If you’ve been having too many late nights or just got back from vacation, make the Toxin Killer part of your daily routine and you’ll be feeling great in no time.
It’s packed full of healthy greens that give your body a nice dose of essential nutrients.
- 3 apples
- 1 stick of celery
- Half a cucumber
- Spinach (1 handful)
- Ice (1 cup)
- Lettuce (1 handful)
- Peel the apples and the cucumber
- Drop them into the juicer with the lettuce and spinach
- Add ice and blend it for a minute or so.
- Drink nice and cold.
Healthy fact: Did you know that the quercetin in apples has been linked in studies at Cornell University to helping protect your vital brain cells from free radical damage that can lead to Alzheimer’s disease.
The Power Up Punch
When to drink: Mornings
Best situations: Before you exercise or are active
Tastes: Strong and sweet
This drink is filled with vitamins and minerals and has a delicious tang to it from the lime and pineapple.
It’s a powerful drink that will give you plenty of energy and nourishment for your morning or afternoon. The strong taste also helps waking up. perfect if you’re trying to stop drinking coffee
This is a great juice for drinking before you exercise as the apple, pineapple and lime really give you energy. The spinach and cucumber are very nutritious and make this a very well balanced juice.
- 1/3 of pinapple
- 1/2 cucumber
- Spinach (1 handful)
- 2 apples
- The fresh juice of 2 limes
- Ice (1 cup)
- Juice the lime separately in a citrus juicer and pour it into your collection jar with the ice. This helps prevent oxidization of the juice.
- Cut up the pinapple and apples so they are small enough to fit through your juicer’s feeder.
- Juice all the ingredients, stir and drink immediately.
Healthy fact: Did you know that vitamin C rich pineapples can help fight off the viruses that cause coughs and common colds. The bromelain in pineapples can suppress coughs and loosen mucus in your body when you do get sick.
The Veggie Delight
When to drink: Evening
Best situations: To unwind after a long, hard day.
Tastes: Delicious, but not too sweet.
This drink has lots of healthy vegetables, but the sweetness of the orange and carrots means you’ll barely taste them. Excellent for those who are not big veggie fans out there.
Many people prefer to avoid juicing too much fruit in the evenings as it can disturb their sleep or even work, cause them to gain weigh as the body converts the sugar in fruit into fat.
If you have kids that don’t like vegetables, this is a sure fire way to give them the nutrients they need.
- 2 Oranges
- 2 Carrots
- 1/4 head of lettuce
- 1 celery stick
- 1/4 head of cabbage
- 2 large branches of broccoli
- Use a citrus juicer for the oranges and add it to the collection jar with the ice.
- Run the carrots, celery, cabbage and lettuce through the juicer.
- Stir to blend well and enjoy.
Healthy fact: Carrots are rich in antioxidants and phytochemicals. These can help regulate blood sugar and give improved immune function benefit. Amazingly, they can actually delay the effects of aging.
The Fruity Blast
When to drink: Afternoon
Best situations: When you need a pick-me-up.
Tastes: Strong and sweet.
This is a sweet but very nutritious drink to enjoy and is a great pick me up when you’re low on energy. Sometimes when you’re feeling down the first instinct is to eat comfort food.
After having one of these, your definition of comfort food will forever be changed.
Some people have compared the energy boost of this juice to that of an energy drink, except without the inevitable crash. Plus you get a lot of wholesome natural goodness in a deliciously fruity juice.
- 2 Apples
- 1/3 of a pineapple
- 2 Kiwi fruits
- 2 Nectarines
- Remove the stones from the nectarine and the skin from the pineapple.
- Chop up the pineapple and apples until they easily fit through your juicer.
- Add ice, mix well and drink straight away.
Healthy fact: Kiwi fruit has an amazingly low glycemic index, compare to other fruit. Combined with its high fiber content, this means it won’t create a strong insulin rush like other fruit can. Consequently, your body responds by not storing fat.
The Green Machine
When to drink: All Day
Best situations: When you’re enjoying some “me” time
Tastes: Very green with a hint of zest
This drink is full of green power from chlorophyll, rich in antioxidants and quite low in calories. It’s much better when made in a masticating juicer like this that can really squeeze the juice out of those greens.
If juices were graded, this one would get an A+ for being one of the healthiest drinks out there. You can’t go wrong with plenty of cruciferous vegetables. The lime juice nicely tops off the flavor to give it a zesty appeal.
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Cucumber
- Parsley (1 small bunch)
- Chard (1/2 bunch)
- Spinach (1/2 bunch)
- Kale (1 bunch)
- the juice of a lime
- Squeeze the lime first and pour the juice into the collection jar with a few ice cubes.
- Juice the greens in tightly packed balls in between the harder carrots, cucumber and celery.
- Mix it up and slowly sip while the ice melts.
Healthy fact: Did you know that per calore, Kale has more calcium than milk. This helps in strengthening bones, contributes towards a health metabolism and helps prevent against osteoporosis. The vitamin C also helps maintain joint flexibility.
The Juicing Lifestyle
The benefits of juicing for weight loss are clear. You’ll feel less hungry, more energized, more alert and better than ever before. Plus, you’ll quickly begin to shed those pounds. What could be better than losing weight while drinking delicious fresh juice.
If you have tried fad diets that didn’t work, then juicing could be for you. Remember though, you are much more likely to succeed in losing weight if you have a proper juicing plan. This means having enough recipes for the week ahead. This will also allow you do build a big shopping list so you never have the excuse of being out of a certain fruit or vegetable.
Get More Free Juicing Recipes
At Health Ambition, we love juicing so much that we’ve created an entire recipe book dedicated to helping you lose weight through juicing. We’ll show you:
- The best juice to have before bed
- The best juicing recipe for beginners
- The simplest juicing recipe for those in a hurry
- Ongoing Juicing tips and recipes in your email
Get all this, plus the recipes above in our exclusive Health Ambition Free Juicing Recipes for Weight Loss – Recipe Book.
Best of all, it’s completely 100% free.
Enter your email below to receive your free copy instantly.